Remember who you really are!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

WANDERS, WONDERS, WHISPERS

"The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on."


I awoke this morning to another engagement with a blues quintet I now call "The Specters"-They are anxiety, meaninglessness, hopelessness, loneliness and despair. They are a group who have been together for a while now, and they like to play a brand of music best referred to as the spooky blues.They used to be a sextet until helplessness dropped out and got a day job. I must admit, when I first encountered them, I was not particularly glad to meet them. In fact, I was incredibly scared...actually "in terror" is a better description.

Initially, they were just very spooky, but later they became downright terrifying, and they threatened to bring the whole matter of my sanity into question. At the very least, they were gonna rock my little world...and that they did.

The Specters? They are not, and were not really "real", but rather they existed as potential experiential states, just below the threshold of normal waking consciousness. They derived a kind of psychic reality, from my willingness to give them my attention and imbue them with a power they do not innately possess, through my fear.

True, they do have a potential reality, within my psychic experience, but only to the degree that I choose to create a place for them through fear. I didn't know that back then, and to that degree, and of course my fearful response to them, they became real to me. A little bit like noises, in the dark, in a big empty house, there is the potential of making something out of nothing .

So why do I mention these?  Well, as I awoke this morning I saw that they were there again to keep me from all that I know is true and to keep me from hearing the quiet whispers of my heart and soul. I began to wonder just how many are being held back by these pesky little zeroes, and the darkness they represent. It is these little non-existent creatures that seem to "paradoxically" inhabit the areas of our mind that are just outside our comfort zone, and slightly below our conscious waking state. They seem to exist and seem to block us along a pathway to a higher, happier and more conscious state of mind. They keep us from fully pursuing our wonder, our deepest dreams and visions, and yes...our Purpose. Like the dark house and the noise in it, we are frightened off by the specters of darkness in our own mind.

It is possible through meditation, yoga, spiritual retreats and even music to move through these areas and to ignore these annoying blockages to truth. Perhaps for a few this is possible and this is the case. By and large, however, it seems most people have been spooked, and scared off of their journey by the dark specter of anxiety and panic, or perhaps the fear of the experience of emptiness and despair that can arise out of meaninglessness and hopelessness. I am not saying these experiences don't exist as potentials, I am simply saying it is time to find the courage to go further into the dark, and look and listen...!

Quiet whispers call you further forward into the light. Ignore the specters that seem to beckon to you at each and every turn. These are not your enemies, they are at worst an annoyance. It is safe for you to ignore them, and to keep moving, and if by chance you have given your power away to one or more of these shadow figures (as I had done), and even been ensnared by these illusions for a long time, it is still possible with and through the power of your own mind and heart to set yourself free. Do it, do it now!

If it is still too frightening to even conceive of, then ask for help, ask the Universe for help, dare to be set free and to live the life you were called to live. The dogs may bark but the caravan moves on. SNN

1 comment:

  1. So insightful Swami, and a light in the darkness for so many. Keep holding that light, so those who choose can see their way home. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments on my Blog.- SNN